Breastfeeding can be difficult for a mother and her baby. Most breastfeeding challenges can be overcome with proper technique and patience. Kathleen brings this service to you. You can successfully breastfeed your baby and find answer to the 101 questions you may have.
Expert education and counseling to help you overcome difficulties from:
- Latching on problems
- Sore nipples
- Low milk supply
- Slow weight gain
- Electric pump rentals and supplies
- Purchasing manual, battery operated, or electric pumps.
How to pump and store your milk
- How to increase or decrease your milk supply
- How to return to work and continue breastfeeding
- Premature infant challenges
- Overcoming neurological or physical challenges
Kathleen has been teaching doctors, nurses, and parents in universities, medical centers, hospitals, homes, and conventions for over 30 years. She is a powerful public speaker you are sure to enjoy!
Kathleen opened the first Lactation Clinic in the United States at Children’s Hospital Medical Center in Akron, Ohio.
- Practical advice for dealing with newborn jaundice
- Specialized help with preterm Infants
- Specialized help for mothers of multiples.
- Specific feeding techniques for physical or neurological problems
- Special help with colic or reflux
- Poor weight gain
Postpartum Doula Services
Postpartum doulas are trained and experienced in providing care during the first days or weeks after childbirth
The information and support given to the mother and family at this critical postpartum time is invaluable. A postpartum doula’s duties to the family change from day to day, as the needs of the family change. Postpartum doulas do whatever a mother needs to best learn to care for and enjoy her new baby. A large part of their role is education. They share information about baby care with parents, as well as teach siblings and partners to “mother the mother.” For more information about doula services, follow the link at the left, or click on Positive Birth Experences.